· Give your students the opportunity to learn and demonstrate their knowledge in economic concepts in a creative and fun way!
· Include a variety of concepts
· Submit only one entry per student
· Make sure the student's name, school, grade, and teacher's name is on the back of the poster (make sure it doesn't show through to other side).
- Please include a cover sheet with teacher name, school, grade level, email address, and phone number.
Illustrate any of the economic concepts listed in the Course of Study. Selected concepts should be appropriate for the age level of the artist.
Submission must be the student’s original work!
Make sure the student's name, school, grade, and teacher's name is on the back of the poster
· Let the picture tell the story -
AVOID LENGTHY TEXT - CORRECT SPELLING ONLY!
· Use 8 1/2 X 11 paper in horizontal format—leave a 1/2 inch margin around the paper. (Landscape format)
· Pictures should be in color with black lettering and all images outlined in black felt tip marker.
· The economic concept should be written in large letters at the top of the poster.
· No reference to public or private companies.
· Concepts should be appropriate to age level.
· Do not fold entries
March 19, 2021
Mail Entries to: ACEE, PO Box 59288, Birmingham AL 35259
There are winners in both divisions: K-5 and 6-8. Artwork must represent an economic concept. Winning students receive $25. Posters will be placed on facebook and the top liked poster will get an extra $25. Teachers of the winning students receive classroom supplies. Winners may be displayed in public art shows around the State and in local newspapers.
All entries become the property of the Alabama Council on Economic Education and may be used with names of entrants for publicity purposes. Submission of entry constitutes permission of teacher, student, and parents. Color the Concepts! is used with permission of the Illinois Council on Economic Education.
Contact Amanda Pigue for more information or to request a set of posters.
Congratulations to the 2020 Top Ten Color The Concepts
Suggested K-5 concepts
· Buyers and sellers
· People make choices
· Wants vs. Needs
· Using natural, capital, or human resources
· Opportunity cost
· Using money in every day life
· Goods vs. Services
· Role of Alabama technology or industry
Suggested 6-8 concepts
· Supply and demand
· Free market, command, & mixed economies
· Circular flow
· Production and consumption
· The Federal Reserve System
· Profit and competition
· Spending and saving
· Private property
· Public goods and services
Friday, March 19, 2021
Mail entries to: ACEE, PO Box 59288, Birmingham, AL 35259-9288